Some pregnant or new moms just don’t feel comfortable having conversations on the Postpartum Progress Facebook page or commenting here on the blog knowing that what they type will be open for all to see. You might not be ready to talk about your postpartum depression, anxiety, OCD, pregnancy depression or other illness in public, and that’s perfectly understandable. This is why we created the Postpartum Progress Private Forum, in partnership with a company called Smart Patients. If you’d like to ask questions or talk about what you’re going through without everyone else being able to see it, we’d love for you to join our forum. We hope it’s a place where you’ll feel safe talking with other moms who are struggling with the same things you are.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Go to this link: https://smartpatients.com/postpartumprogress
2. Underneath the Warrior Mom logo on the left hand side of your screen, input your email address and click “Request An Invitation.”
3. You’ll then receive an email from Smart Patients inviting you to join Smart Patients. Be sure to check your spam file if you don’t see it in your inbox.
4. Click the link in the email and choose a name and password.
5. You will then be automatically added to the Postpartum community on Smart Patients. From that point on, clicking this link –https://smartpatients.com/postpartumprogress — will take you to the community
You’ll notice there are other communities at Smart Patients, particularly for those with various types of cancer, but you’ll want to follow those conversations tagged “postpartum.”
In just a couple of months we already have more than 160 members and the forum continues to grow as moms begin to feel more comfortable using it. Once you’ve joined, be sure to check out How To Use This Site and then read our Must Read Guidelines & Ground Rules.
We’d love to have you. If you have any questions or problems joining the Postpartum Progress Private Forum, please email us at email@example.com.