I'm in the midst of planningPostpartum Progress'2nd annual Mothers Day Rally for Moms' Mental Health. It's only 6 or so weeks away. ACK!!! I can't tell you how nerve-wracking it is to send out invitations and wait to hear back. There are some people I've never heard back from.
Helloooo Heather Armstrong? Can you hear me? Am I in a sound-proof booth or something?… 😉
Anyway, I'm already so excited I'm about to explode, so I'm not sure how I'm going to make it through the next month or so. Here area few of the AMAZING womenalready on board …
- Melinda Robertsat The Mommy Blog and Momversation
- Casey Mullins at Moosh in Indy
- Allison McDonaldat No Time for Flash Cards
- Meagan Francis at The Happiest Mom
- Suzanne at Pretty Swell
- Dr. Marlene Freeman, MGH Center for Women's Mental Healthand vice editor-in-chief of The Journal of Clinical Psychiatry
- Victoria Mason at The Mummy Chronicles
- Sarah Vizbeek at In the Trenches of Mommyhood
- Dr. Jessica Zucker, psychotherapist & contributor to PBS' This Emotional Life
- Sera at Laughing Through the Chaos
- Amber Koter at Beyond Postpartum
Remember last year? I am so grateful to the women who participated, who were and remain absolutely fabulous. This year is going to be just as good!
If you missed it last year and are wondering what the heck I'm talking about, the Mothers Day Rally for Moms' Mental Health isanonline eventthat features 24 open letters to new mothers on the importance of maternal mental health. All of the letters will be written by survivors ofor experts on perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, including postpartum depression and postpartum psychosis, as well as by others who care about the emotional well-being of moms and moms-to-be.
Each hour, on the hour, for 24 hours straight, Postpartum Progress will post a different "Letter to New Moms". The letter writers were given a blank canvas to share their humor, experience, tips and ideas, focusing on the mental health of women during pregnancy and postpartum.