I am so excited to launch a new feature here at Postpartum Progress. It’s called Daily Hope. This service is specifically for those of you who are currently suffering from postpartum depression, postpartum anxiety, postpartum OCD, antenatal depression or related illnesses.
I know that many of you don’t have access to support groups or the best specialists. You may not have people around you that understand postpartum depression. Need some extra hope each day from people who DO get it? Someone to shine a light towards the end of the tunnel? That’s Daily Hope! Sign up at the link below, and starting on Monday, January 17th, you will receive an email each day with some inspiration and encouragement for getting through perinatal mood & anxiety disorders (PMADs).
The messages will come from me, as well as leading authors and bloggers on PMADs, including:
- Karen Kleiman, MSW, author of “This Isn’t What I Expected: Overcoming Postpartum Depression” as well as countless other awesome books on PMADs including the recent “Dropping the Baby & Other Scary Thoughts”
- Susan Dowd Stone, LCSW, former president of Postpartum Support International and author of “Perinatal & Postpartum Mood Disorders”
- Ann Dunnewold, PhD, author of “Even June Cleaver Would Forget the Juice Box” and co-author of “Life Will Never Be the Same: The Real Mom’s Postpartum Survival Guide“
- Marlene Freeman, MD, MGH Center for Women’s Mental Health, author of the forthcoming book “Mood Disorders in Women”
- Pec Indman, EdD, MFT, co-author of the “Beyond the Blues: Overcoming Postpartum & Prenatal Depression”
- Diana Lynn Barnes, author of “The Journey to Parenthood“
- Pamela Weigartz, PhD, author of “The Pregnancy & Postpartum Anxiety Workbook“
- Lauren Hale at the blog My Postpartum Voice
- Aunt Becky of the blogs Mommy Wants Vodka and Band Back Together
- Janice Croze of 5 Minutes for Mom
- Ivy Shih Leung at the blog Ivy’s PPD Blog
- … and many more …
Have a friend that you think could use this, or a patient? Be sure to let them know!! If you join, you can opt out (unsubscribe) at any time, and you are not required to give your last name.
Oh, and for you survivors and clinicians out there, if you’d like to join the people listed above and share your own favorite quote or other item of inspiration, send it to me at stonecallis [at] msn [dot] com, and your item may be included in a future Daily Hope email. Be sure to include a link to your blog or website in what you send to me, so that I’ll be able to link back to you if you’d like. (One caveat: Don’t send me a tidbit where you are trying to sell something, with the exception of course of your book. If you do, there’s no chance that it will be included in Daily Hope emails.)
I’m looking forward to providing some daily inspiration for everyone out there who is suffering at this very minute.
Daily Hope and Postpartum Progress the Blog are services of Postpartum Progress Inc. the Nonprofit, which is working to vastly improve the support and services available to women with perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, primarily through the use of technology.