- > On January 25th at 1pm Eastern I will be hosting a live chat about postpartum depression on The Motherhood. Please plan to join in. Ask your questions. Share your story with others who need to hear it. To register to participate, click here. If you can’t make it you can always submit a question in advance!
- > The St. Joseph Medical Center Women’s Behavioral Unit in Houston, Texas, which treats women with postpartum depression and related illnesses, is holding an open house on February 9 from 4:30 to 7pm. If you’d like to attend, please RSVP to 713-757-7575. Free parking will be available for attendees.
- > A 2009 study found that as many as 30% of Latinas in the United States experience postpartum depression. Postpartum Support International has created a great DVD for the Spanish-speaking population called Madre Saludable, Familia Feliz. To order a copy, click here.
- > Have you signed up for Daily Hope yet? If not, you’re missing out, or so people tell me. I’ve heard from many subscribers that getting Daily Hope helps them get through each day!
- > The Isis Parenting event at which I’m speaking in Boston (Needham, MA) on the evening of February 15 is for physicians only. However, they’ve received several inquiries from families and others who would like to attend and are thinking about creating a second event on the 16th that is open to all, including consumers, doulas, lactation specialists, etc. Wanted to let you know in case you are interested.
- > Psych Central ran a great piece yesterday called “5 Damaging Myths of Postpartum Depression“. Be sure to check it out.
- > On the research front:
- Prenatal Health Behaviors & Postpartum Depression: Is There An Association?
- Connected New Mothers Are Happier Mothers (yay! for blogging)
- More Depression Screening Urged for Pregnant Women
- An interesting story from the Wall Street Journal on how problems in the gut may be related to or the cause of illnesses, including depression and anxiety
The Latest News on Depression After Childbirth
By January 18, 2012 2 Comments