It’s been a very busy few weeks and the next couple of months are going to be even busier, so I wanted to share with you where I’ve been, and even MORE importantly where I’ll be. I love to meet Warrior Moms in person, so if you’re at any of these places please come say hello!
In the last week, I’ve been:
1) Fighting back against the mistakes the media makes about postpartum depression, over on the Huffington Post. Please check it out and let me know what you think! If you like the story, make sure you give the post a Facebook like so that the media knows how much we care about this issue.
2) Talking about postpartum depression on CNN’s HLN website
3) Talking about judging and being judged as a mom on HLN’s “Raising America”
4) Writing about how women shouldn’t tear each other down on Babble
I’ll be chatting on HuffPost Live about postpartum depression with other guests at 1:30pm Eastern. If you want to watch the live streaming conversation, just click here.
1) April 16-19 I’ll be in Washington DC at TEDMED, a medical technology and healthcare conference. It’s the health version of the other TED conferences and TED talks you may have heard about. I’m so thrilled to be a TEDMED Scholar this year. I’ve always wanted to attend this conference but could never afford it (the registration fee is $5,000), but this year I’ve received a full scholarship so I’ll be going and representing the voice of moms with perinatal mood and anxiety disorders!
2) April 27th I’ll be speaking in North Carolina, hosted by the UNC Center for Women’s Mood Disorders. If you’d like to learn more or attend, click here.
2) May 2-5 I’ll be speaking at the Mom 2.0 Summit in Laguna Niguel, California.
3) May 9-12 I’ll be attend the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration in Orlando. Thrilled to be invited this year and to attend a conference where I get to bring my family!
I really hope to see many of you soon!