Mercy Hospital & Medical Center is presenting the Jennifer Mudd Houghtaling Perinatal Depression Conference at the University Club of Chicago on October 17, 2008. Continuing education credits are being provided by the University of Illinois at Chicago and the St. Xavier School of Nursing. Speakers include lots of fabulous people I am big fans of, including:
- Sonia Murdock, Executive Director of the Postpartum Resource Center of NY
- Dr. Manny Alvarez, Chairman of the Dept. of Obstetrics at Hackensack University Medical School and Chief Health Editor for FOX News
- Birdie Meyer, President of PSI and coordinator of the Clarian Health Perinatal Mood Disorders Program
- Dr. Lee Cohen, Director of the Reproductive Psychiatry Clinical Research Program at Massachusetts General Hospital
- Dr. Laura Miller, Director of Clinical Services at the Dept. of Psychiatry of the University of Illinois at Chicago
- George Parnham, whom you may recognize as Andrea Yates’ lawyer
There will be other speakers as well, including me, which I’m very excited about. It’s an honor to be invited to speak among all these people who know a whole lot more than I do. I hope to see some of you there!
You can register online for this event at www.mercy-chicago.org/ppd/.
ALSO: On November 6, the Jennifer Mudd Houghtaling Postpartum Depression Foundation Benefit will be held at the Chicago History Museum. (I got married at the Chicago Historical Society, FYI. Great place.) The event will be held from 5:30 to 9pm and will raise money to support the foundation’s programs. This year it will feature an interview with celebrated photographer Victor Skrebneski by Chicago Tribune columnist Rick Kogan. Tickets are $150 per person. To reserve tickets or get more info, please visit www.ppdchicago.org or call 773-477-2252. Please reserve your tickets by October 31. This is a wonderful organization that deserves your support.