I love speaking in public and getting the chance to share information about postpartum depression with the world. I especially love sharing your stories, because telling people what really happens out there to moms with postpartum depression and related illnesses is so important.
Last year, I was able to speak in Tennessee and New Jersey and truly enjoyed meeting all of the people who were so interested to learn about perinatal mood and anxiety disorders. I’m so grateful to everyone who attends and listens. I truly hope it helps them understand what pregnant and new moms may go through and how to best help them.
As always, I don’t make any money off of these speeches personally. Instead, I donated 100% of any speaking fees I received to Postpartum Progress Inc., our nonprofit. I’m so happy I was able to donate $4000 to PPI last year, and I truly hope I can generate even more funds this year by speaking publicly, so if you’d like me to come speak at your event, please let me know. All proceeds will continue to go to PPI.
Some of you have asked where I will be in the next few months, so here’s the calendar so far. I really hope I get to see you in one of these places, and am looking forward to adding even more events to this calendar:
- > Isis Parenting, Needham, MA, Feb. 15 — this event will feature a roundtable discussion on perinatal care for women
- > Blissdom Conference, Nashville, TN, Feb 21-23 — will be a community leader at this event for bloggers
- > SxSw Interactive, Austin, TX, Mar. 9-13 — will be on a panel with the March of Dimes and others talking about
- > Hudson Valley Birth Network Symposium, Brooklyn, NY, May 15 — talking about postpartum depression
- > Emory University Medical School, Atlanta, GA, various dates — will be speaking about postartum depression and related illnesses to the med school’s OB/GYN students and Nurse/Midwifery students