Today’s Facebook Live Chat covered a number of topics, including how you can best be your own advocate when dealing with doctors and insurance companies.
You can watch it for yourself.
Here are all the links that were shared in chat.
Insurance and Postpartum Depression
- How to Get Help if You Have Postpartum Depression and No Insurance
- How to Appeal Health Insurance Claim Denials
- 10 Things You Need to Know About Mental Health Care Coverage
Stories About Postpartum Depression
- What to Do When You’re Too Afraid to Ask for PPD Help
- On Never Giving Up
- The Unwelcome Rise of PMS After Postpartum Depression
- Uncontrollable Anger Can Be a Part of Postpartum Depression
Postpartum Depression Resources & Tools
- New Mom Checklist for Maternal Mental Health
- The Best Alternative Treatment Options for Postpartum Depression
- Become a Warrior Mom Ambassador
- The Symptoms of Postpartum Depression and Anxiety in Plain Mama English
- Is your Medication Working for You? Here’s a New App to Help You Find Out
- Warmline in English and Spanish
- Tools for Moms with Postpartum Depression
- Symptoms of Postpartum Psychosis in Plain Mama English
- Postpartum Depression Specialists & Treatment in the US, Canada, and Austrailia
- Postpartum Depression Support Groups in the US and Canada
- Postpartum Progress Private Forum
- The Warrior Mom Community
The best quote from Katherine during this chat was, “We have to be a part of the solution.”
We had a number of moms share how they were scared to speak up (anxiety will do that!) to ask their doctor questions or disagree with diagnoses if they felt the doctor was wrong. You are a part of your treatment plan. Your opinion on options and your knowledge of your own body are of vital importance. Learning to advocate for the best care is hard, but you’re worth it. You have to be a part of your solution.
Lastly, we’ve shared a poll on our Facebook Page asking for Warrior Moms to reply with the best times to host our Chat would be. We had a large group today at noon, but we recognize working moms and others might want a different time slot. So please go take our poll about our Facebook Live Chats so we can best serve you. (All times are in Eastern Daylight Savings).