On Sunday, May 11th, we’ll be celebrating our 6th annual Mother’s Day Rally for Moms’ Mental Health here at Postpartum Progress. That day we’ll feature 24 letters to new moms, one posted each hour on the hour, from great writers who’ve been there. They know how it feels. They understand the struggle of postpartum depression, or anxiety, or OCD or antenatal depression. Whether it’s advice, words of comfort or their own stories, whatever they write is sure to provide inspiration.
This year’s writers include first-time participants Heather Spohr of The Spohrs are Multiplying and founder of the nonprofit Friends of Maddie, Christine Young of From Dates to Diapers, Amiyrah Martin of 4 Hats & Frugal, Julia Ferro, author of the forthcoming book Cutting Teeth published by St. Martin’s Press and founder of the Sackett Street Writer’s Workshop, and Elizabeth Isadora Gold, author of the forthcoming book The Mommy Group: Freaking Out, F**king Up, and the First Two Years, to be published by Atria.
I’d like to give a special shout-out to the amazing Warrior Mom Robin Farr of Farewell Stranger, who is this year’s rally coordinator. Thank you Robin for all of your hard work!
Make sure to let everyone know to tune in. The Mother’s Day Rally is always our biggest day of the year, and is always especially helpful to those moms who are struggling on a day when we celebrate motherhood. Our hashtag (you know you want it) is #momsdayrally.
And now, I’m so pleased to share with you the full list of 2014 Mother’s Day Rally roster (with links to their blogs as well as their Twitter handles):
1) Lauren Hale, My Postpartum Voice & founder of #PPDChat, @unxpctdblessing
2) Yuz Rozenblum, Not Just About Wee, @notjustaboutwee
3) A’Driane Nieves, Butterfly Confessions, @addyeB
4) Cristi Comes, Motherhood Unadorned, @motherunadorned
5) Heather Spohr, The Spohrs are Multiplying, @mamaspohr
6) Christine Young, From Dates to Diapers, @youngmommy
7) Andrea Bates, Good Girl Gone Redneck, @goodgirlgonered
8) Elizabeth Isadora Gold, Elizabeth Isadora Gold, @elizisadora
9) Amiyrah Martin, 4 Hats and Frugal, @4hatsandfrugal
10) Lesley Neadel, Dear Bex, @lneadel
11) Julia Fierro, founder of The Sackett Street Writer’s Workshop, @juliafierro
12) Alexandra Rosas, Good Day Regular People, @gdrpempress
13) Jennifer Marshall, Bipolar Mom Life, @BipolarMomLife
14) Susan Petcher, Learned Happiness, @learndhappiness
15) Jenni Chiu, Mommy Nani Booboo, @mommynanibooboo
16) Ivy Shih Leung, Ivy’s PPD Blog, @ivyshihleung
17) Katie Sluiter, Sluiter Nation, @ksluiter
18) Angie Maddison, The Little Mumma, @thelittlemumma
19) Kimberly Morand, All Work and No Play Makes Mommy Go Something Something, @momgosomething
20) Story, Sometimes it’s hard, @story3girl
21) Jen Gaskell, Tranquila Mama, @jenrenpody
22) Lindsay Maloan, With a Little Love & Luck, @lilloveandluck
23) Kristin Shaw, Two Cannoli, @austinkvs
24) Miranda Wicker, Finding Walden, @finding_walden